Friday, February 18, 2011

Back to blogging

Greetings! I know that it's been a super long time since my last post. I have a great excuse for it though, my husband and I were in Thailand for a vacation. Needless to say I have not been baking in that time. I will however, start up again in the kitchen this afternoon with muffins. A classic, baked good in my recipe book that has been done so many times, the page shows the remnants of the ingredients strewn from top to bottom. Side note: I am not the most tidy of bakers...it is normal for bits and pieces of ingredients to have flown all over the kitchen, as well as, in the correct mixing bowls while I am baking.
The reason for baking these muffins, is not just so my hubby and I can savor their moist, saporous goodness. Our downstairs neighbor is returning home from a three month journey around the world and what better to come home to than freshly baked muffins. This is my way of welcoming her home and I think personally that she will like it.

This morning I was thinking of ways that I can make more people feel cared for through some areas I do best. I was imagining having a few guests for a really nice brunch, with fresh scones, fruit, cheese, coffee and milk in a lovely little saucer. I am one who enjoys my daydreams, but maybe there is a point to those moments of floating away in my mind...
This is not a long post today, but it feels good to have my fingers punching in the keys and knowing that I am once again barefoot and baking in the kitchen.

Until my next post let yourself float in your dreams just a little,
Barefoot and Baking in the kitchen

Recipe for muffins can be found on the last post, but I did a little something extra in these. I put in substitute of the berries (kiwi pieces), added 1/2 tsp. of cloves and 1 1/2 tsp. of honey. The batter tasted delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment