Saturday, September 3, 2011

Heading into Fall

In celebration of the new fall season coming to Sweden (yes a little earlier than I am used to, but nonetheless this is the season in Sweden now) and it's also my mother's birthday, I have been baking up a storm. Since I don't live anywhere near my mom (sniff sniff) I still thought it nice to honor her with some baking. The only problem I realized, was that if she were here, she would only enjoy one of my baked goods from today, because she is an avid hater of coffee "anything". So to usher in Fall I have made a coffee, brownie cake and in honor of my mother's birth I have made pear, cinnamon muffins.

Happy birthday mom! And welcome lovely Fall season!

Until my next post enjoy the beauty around you.

If you live near the west coast of  Sweden and are interested in some of my baked goods, please contact me grahamlr@gmail.com

Barefoot and Baking in the Kitchen

Melted butter and cocoa












Together with coffee gives a lovely glossy look













Coffee grounds

















Eggs and sugar












Cold coffee made from yesterday's breakfast works great!












Nice silky smooth












Beautiful swirls made from the egg and sugar mixture












Flour mixture












Coffee, brownie cake done. Added up top for a nice
look is shredded chocolate and nuts











See that lovely white cake plate...this is my new
birthday gift! I think it's so classy and this chocolate
brownie looks divine atop.












So pretty












Chocolate Brownie cake

6 tbsp. butter (melted)
1/2 C cocoa
2 eggs
1 1/4 C sugar
2 tbsp. coffee grounds
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C strong already made coffee
14 tbsp. flour  (sorry for the crazy conversion, 14 tbsp is also 4/5 cup)
Set oven to 325F or 175C. Melt the butter and mix in the cocoa. Whisk the eggs and sugar together set aside. Mix in the coffee and vanilla into melted butter and cocoa. Add egg mixture and flour, mix thoroughly. Pour into 9" baking pan, bake for 20 minutes or until the middle is not runny. Decorate with shredded chocolate pieces when it's warm. Taste really nice with whipped cream or ice cream.

Pear Cinnamon Muffins

Cut pears into small pieces












Mix eggs and sugar












Add yogurt and butter to whipped egg mixture












Throw in the pear pieces












Flour time












Added cinnamon and cloves














New muffin forms












Muffins ready to be baked












Fresh hot muffins out of the oven












Yummy pear goodness















Makes you want to cozy up on the couch and drink hot
tea and enjoy this savory muffin.













No comments:

Post a Comment