Friday, December 17, 2010

Grand Raspberry Trifle part 2 The Completion!!

Greetings from my bean bag chair, where I am sitting in my living room. Right now my mind and my body are super tired and unfortunately what awaits me in the kitchen is a massive mess of sugar substance and cake bits. I have pushed it off long enough, choosing instead to watch an episode of The Biggest Loser. I really like that show, but seem to have trouble watching it online. It inspires me how people who are obese, can work so hard and lose their weight, as well as, their health problems. I enjoy watching the transformations!

Now onto my baking project today. Yesterday I posted about the Raspberry Trifle that I was beginning. I had to make two pound cakes, before I did any trifling. So today began the process of putting the 17 trifles together. It was a total mess of stickiness, but since I enjoy assembling these things, the sticky hands were worth it. The counter on the other hand, had no idea what hit it. I had cake bits strewn from left to right, up and down, raspberry jam and berry mix in droplets, which seemed to smear everywhere, cream that wanted to creep down the sides of the wine glasses, and lemon sugar juice dripped on everything. Needless to say, if you don't like getting messy or if you are able to perfect the technique, I might suggest an easier project. In the end, to my satisfaction, these 17 trifles looked gorgeous and ready to savor. The colors of creamy cake, deep red raspberry and white cream layered are really very pretty. Now I need to go and deliver these to the people who will be enjoying them for their evening's dessert!

Until my next post...go ahead and make a mess!
Barefoot and Baking in the kitchen









No comments:

Post a Comment