Friday, December 3, 2010

Orange and Lingonberry Muffins

Greetings from a very cold and very snowy Sweden! I am sitting here on my couch, bundled up, listening to Christmas carols and waiting for some super tasty muffins to finish baking. My house currently smells of orange, vanilla and cinnamon. It's a lovely combination. For today's baking I decided on Orange Lingon Muffins. I love me a good muffin recipe, especially with a wonderful cup of coffee. The whole coffee shop feeling takes me away and I savor every bite. I have 2 large muffin forms, so the muffins are not small and will fill you up. I am not sure where I got the recipe from, but it's a good one and fairly simple to do. These muffins are perfect for any Christmas or holiday parties you have coming up. They carry the smell and flavors of this time of year and also look great, with the red berries and orange rind shavings. Since I need to get these delicious muffins out of the oven shortly I will end this post.

Until next time...enjoy your day!

Barefoot and Baking in the kitchen

Recipe and pictures below:

 
Grating the orange rind

















Added orange juice and rind shavings
This will make the batter really thin and
loose, but it will thicken with flour, etc.
















Cinnamon and vanilla














Flour and dry ingredients added
















Mixing all together
















Nice and silky look
















Added lingons













Mixing berries, batter might turn a little
pink
















Ready to go into the muffin forms













Ready to be baked













Fresh out of the oven and ready to serve













Six baked orange and lingonberry muffins













Time for a cup of coffee and a muffin to enjoy the day!













Orange and Lingonberry Muffins:
2C flour
1C sugar
1 1/2tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4C butter(softened)
1 tbsp.  grated orange rind
3/4C orange juice
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 3/4C lingonberries (can substitute with cranberries)

Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add egg and mix well. Add orange juice and rind shavings, vanilla and cinnamon.Mix well. Add flour and dry ingredients, mix until silky. Then add berries. Bake 25 minutes at 350F or 175C. Make 12 small or 6 large muffins. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment