Thursday, January 13, 2011

Favorite Chocolate Cake


Greetings from a very white and snowy Sweden. I read on CNN yesterday that 49 of the 50 States in the U.S. have snow on the ground...seems like a lot of places are getting hit with this wintery whiteness. I like this time of year, but after spending most of my days very cold, I am ready for spring to come soon. As it does, baking helps warm me up, both from the heat of the oven and the work I put into it. For today's endeavor I decided on what I would say is my favorite chocolate cake. It's one that I have done several times and have blogged about it before. Even though it's nothing new, it's delicious taste will melt in your mouth. Tomorrow's recipients of this scrumptious cake will have satisfied their taste buds with each passing bite. Since I think this cake is so yummy, it's hard for me to not want to eat the creamy, smooth batter up completely. But since I know those indulgences result in bloated stomach aches within the hour...I have refrained...mostly. =) I cannot help lick a little bit of the left overs and make sure that it's something I would feed others, which I will have you know is partly an excuse in order to taste this rich, divine chocolate goodness. To give it an even more appealing taste and pleasure to the customers, I add a creamy frosting, drizzled on top!
 
Until my next post, delight your taste buds a little bit more.
Barefoot and Baking in the kitchen

Here is the recipe for the Dark Chocolate Cake:
Ingredients:
2 cups boiling water
1 cup cocoa powder
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp.baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter (softened)
2 1/4 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 tsp.vanilla

In a medium bowl pour the boiling water over the cocoa and whisk until smooth. Let cool. (could be up to 20 minutes)In another bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture and cocoa mixture alternately. Put in round pan and bake for up to one hour at 175 C or 300 F
For frosting I mix powdered sugar, butter and a little milk. I drizzle it on top, so my measurements are not always the same. You don't want to make it too thick or too runny...just in the middle somewhere. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment