Thursday, November 4, 2010

Black and White Delight


Greetings! Seems like it's been a while since my last post...which was Sunday. I usually blog on Mondays too, but this week I didn't bake as usual on Monday, so therefore no blog. Today I was so happy to be greeted by the sunshine and blue sky. The past several days, maybe even week, it's been raining and cold and I have longed for the day when the sun will say hello. Today is a perfect autumn day and of course I like to bake on these days. Currently I have a mess in the kitchen to clean, one of two cake crusts in the oven and dinner cooking in another oven. I thought, what a perfect opportunity to blog about my endeavor. The recipe I am attempting today is brand new and I got it out of a very traditional Swedish cookbook (Vår Kok Bok). It's a frozen cake called Frozen Black and White Dessert. Dark and white chocolate are the core ingredients...hence the name Black and White. Since I have never made it and never tasted it before, I have no idea how it will be, but the picture...of course looks divine! A chocolate baked crust, with a frozen creamy middle and chocolate shavings to decorate the top. Yum!!

I also mentioned that I have dinner cooking in another oven. We are having guests over tonight and I am making (crock pot style), a nice piece of beef with onions, garlic, thyme, pepper and salt. On the side, roasted potatoes, carrots and another type of root...I can't remember the name of, in the oven. For dessert, ice cream and strawberries. I am looking forward to it!

I better get back to my many tasks.

Until my next post enjoy your food and the weather!
Barefoot and Baking in the kitchen

Just out of the freezer and ready to be eaten in a short bit













With sprinkled cocoa and chocolate shavings! 













This was a really nice cake to make

2 comments:

  1. And it was a heavenly cake to taste!!! You are gifted Leia! I loved this one!
    A tip, would you like to make that amazingly wonderfully tasting carrot cake you made once in July for the Titusproject? I think it was one of the best cakes I have ever had! I would love to taste it again! :)
    Thank you for blessing us in the class with your masterpieces!
    / Sarah

    ReplyDelete