Monday, October 11, 2010

Colorful cakes

Good morning! This morning's frost has made it very crisp and sparkly outside and with the autumn colors it is simply glorious to my eyes. I would say the perfect day for baking a Caramelized Apple Spice Cake. I found the recipe on Martha Stewart's website and the pictures (again can be a little deceiving) look absolutely divine. The top of the cake is designed with marzipan figures of leaves, pumpkins and acorns. I just so happened to have those cutouts, except for the pumpkin, which in my opinion is just a matter of rolling and pressing in the right way. I did not have however, the gold dust that they painted on, so instead am substituting it for autumn colors of orange, red, brown and yellow. This will be one colorful cake...or I should say three cakes. Again the number of people is around 40, so I will triple my recipe.

More to come as I begin the journey in my kitchen this afternoon.

Enjoy the beauty of the day,

Barefoot and Baking in the kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment