Friday, October 8, 2010

The Leaning Tower of Parfait

The sound of "Oh this tastes so good" is music to my ears. Needless to say....the parfait with it's pomegranate, lemon and grenadine sauce was a hit. The sauce however was a bit of a challenge. The recipe cleverly does not mention the amount of time it takes to make this syrup-like sauce. As I followed the directions, I quickly realized that I was not going to make the time I had left before delivering the parfait to it's eaters. So I improvised and instead of it being syrup, it was in fact more saucy. The taste however, was  sweet and tangy that fit perfect to the lemon flavored parfait. Upon delivery, I drizzled the sauce over the top and around the bottom of the parfait which looked quite okay compared to it's competitor in the magazine. A small disaster occurred though, when I set the parfait with sauce on the serving table, which happened to be slightly off balance and the sauce began to trickle off the display plate and onto the table. Again improvisation...and it was a paper plate that came to my rescue. As those who would be partaking in this divine dessert began to arrive, I had to encourage them to quickly take a piece before it slid down onto the table. Thankfully, there were no more small disasters to fix and as I left, I felt satisfied that the "leaning tower of parfait" turned out to be a success! Unfortunately in all my haste to fix the dripping, I forgot to take a photo of the finished product. But this is a chance for you to use your imagination and make it something really lovely.

Have a great weekend and let your tastes buds enjoy their life!

Baking and Barefoot in the kitchen,
Leia 

No comments:

Post a Comment