Thursday, October 14, 2010

An oldie, but goody

Good morning! It is a glorious fall day today, with a crisp sense in the air that brings your hand up to close your coat a little tighter around your neck. There is a smell that catches your nose and causes you to take a deep breath of freshness.

For today's baking endeavor I am choosing an oldie, but goody...Homemade Apple Pie.
As my memory serves me correctly, there is something very special about coming into a house where a fresh apple pie has just come out of the oven. Apples, cinnamon, sugar and pastry scents tickle the inside of your nose and create a rumble in your tummy. Even as I think about it now, I get nostalgic feelings and am transported in my mind to a place of  pure delight.

The recipe I have for homemade apple pie is super simple. For those of you that have been following my previous entries I have tackled some not so simple and very new recipes. If you are in need of something simple (as I am today) that will have your eaters complimenting your skills...this is the recipe for you!

I will post the recipe in my next entry and will keep you posted on how the pie turns out.

Until then take a stroll down memory lane of the desserts you loved as a kid and give them a try.

Barefoot and Baking in the kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment