Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pie in the Making

I am sitting here covered with flour and have dough jammed into my finger nails (which will take a good scrubbing to get clean) waiting for the pies to be done. I have one in the oven and it's got maybe another 10 mins. So it will most likely be done before I finish this entry. The second is sitting on the counter ready to be baked. I actually really enjoyed this afternoon of baking. As I mentioned in the earlier entry I was not full of heaps of energy when I started, but this was quite relaxing. Baking at it's best, peaceful and successful. I have a bit of left overs from the apple filling, so I will save and use it for another time. Otherwise these pies were easy as pi.

I have been asked to have more pictures, which I totally agree there should be, but you have to forgive my phone quality, which is not super great.

The process of making an apple pie in visual form.

 This is when the filling is getting thick














This is how it should turn out after about 10 minutes
















Thick but a little transparent
















The dough in it's very beginning stage,
I had to add more flour because it was too sticky













The apples peeled and sliced













Pouring the syrup liquid onto the apples before
putting them over boiling water for 20 minutes













Cooking them over the pot of boiling water













Dough ready to be rolled out













Ready...set...go...



























In the first, larger, pie form













Both ready to have apple filling













With pie filling













Smaller pie with top crust and leaves that I cut out
Make sure you make a slit in the pie to let it breathe.


























Larger pie with strips on top
Cut outs of leaves and acorns and rolled
pumpkins with a little stem

































Pie fresh out of the oven













Before I put this pie in the oven I sprinkled sugar
on top so that it would sweet, but it also gives it
a little glitter effect


























Enjoy your weekend and until my next entry let your taste buds leap for joy!

Barefoot and Baking in the kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment