Monday, October 18, 2010

It's heavenly

Good morning! Well the weather has turned from a red glow in the sky from the sunrise, to gray and drizzly with a breeze. It is though, in my opinion, a perfect day for baking. There is a coziness that happens when it's cold outside, but nice and toasty inside and the house is full of delicious smells. For my baking endeavor today, I am making a cake called Heavenly White Cake, the recipe I got from allrecipes.com. It's a cake I have made before and today I will broaden my ingredients and add strawberries and chocolate to this divine, white, cake. The basic taste is enhanced by almond extract and the cake itself is wonderfully moistened by sour cream. I will put whipped cream on top and then spread chocolate shavings to give it that extra flare.

It's a really easy baking challenge, but tastes super yummy!

Until my next entry enjoy the sweetness of life.

Baking and Barefoot in the kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment