Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tackling a Parfait part 2

Okay ladies and gentlemen here we go! I have taken the dive and started the parfait. My first step was to find some good music to play in the background. For the construction of this dessert I have chosen classical chill- out music provided by spotify. I know for many, classical is super boring and believe me, I am not always in the mood for it. But somehow this reminds me of my grandma's house, where she being an incredible cook and baker herself, has a husband who often plays classical music (his own) in the background...and it just fits in the kitchen! Maybe for the apple spiced cake I plan on baking this Monday it will be Ray LaMontagne or something a little more up beat.

Now back to the parfait...
The recipe says that I am first supposed to whisk the egg yolks (being a double batch I have 10), sugar and vanilla. Then I will mix in the lemon juice and shredded peal and last comes the 4 cups of whipping cream. This is a Fat included parfait...none of this non-fat stuff! For the decor and added glam I will make a sauce that consists of grenadine, lemons and pomegranates. The pictures looks so divine, I am hoping that it turns out half as lovely!

So I must get to the 10 egg yolks.

More to come later.

Barefoot and Baking in the kitchen,
Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment