Thursday, October 21, 2010

Delicatable Divinity

Happy Thursday everyone! I must confess that today's baking is saving me from having to do tedious cleaning that I totally do not want to do. I am excited that I get to be in the kitchen enjoying the fun of creating with my baking. Today's baking endeavor is a new recipe, something I have never tried. I have found it in a Swedish recipe booklet that my husband brought home from the grocery store. It's called Chocolate Tart with Caramel Filling and Dark Chocolate Truffle Topping. It looks absolutely divine and ready to be enjoyed by those who will eat it. The recipe however, seems to take a while for each of the steps, but if you have the time, I totally recommend that you try this delectable dessert. I currently have the tart crust chilling in the fridge, which it will need to do for 1 hour. It has a wonderful taste and yes...I do taste the things I bake, but have started Zumba lessons to keep off any fat that wants to hang on.  I will soon start on the caramel filling and then depending on what time I finish this evening, will do the topping.

Here is the recipe if you want to give this one a shot. I have the measurements from my Swedish recipe, but it's easy to convert if you need to.

Tart Crust:
125 g butter
90 g powdered sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
3 dl flour
1 tbsp. cocoa

Mix together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Then add the egg. Mix the dry ingredients together and then add to the wet mixture. Mix together until it becomes a dough form. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill. Take out (it will be sticky) and and put in plastic wrap, using a rolling pin make flat, then put in a 25cm pie form using a fork to spread out, make sure you put the crust in to cover the whole pan. Put in fridge for another 30 minutes to chill. Take out and bake for 10 minutes on 225C

Caramel filling:
1/2 dl light syrup
1.25 dl water
5 dl sugar
125g butter
1.25 dl whipping cream
2 tbsp. sour cream

Simmer the water, sugar and syrup in a pan for 15 minutes. Should become a syrup like consistency. Mix in the butter, cream and sour cream. Fill the tart form with the caramel sauce and bake 40 minutes at 165C . Let it cool.

Chocolate Truffle topping:
125g whipping cream
125g dark chocolate, chopped (might need a bit more)

Cook the cream and then put in the chocolate, mix well, so that they are no lumps. If it's too loose, use more chocolate. Then pour the topping over the cold caramel tart.
Serve with whipped cream or just plain with a cup of coffee.

Until my next entry let your taste buds enjoy their life.

Barefoot and Baking in the kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment